What flooring should I choose?
Everybody has their own personal preference when it comes to flooring, some like a traditional style wood, others like the super modern platform look. We are going to explain at the benefits and drawbacks of each finish in order to help you make the right decision for your flooring.
Why Choose Real wood Flooring?
Real Wood Flooring is a fantastic way of creating natural beauty in your home. This flooring is packed with character and brings an unmistakable feel of quality to any home.
Real wood flooring comes in a vast range of looks, finishes and characteristics, from minimal contemporary looks to rustic oaks.
There are a number of benefits to choosing a real wood floor:
- Low maintenance & easy to clean – Hardwood flooring is very easy to keep clean, they can be steam cleaned, vacuumed & swept to remove any dirt. Unlike carpet, wood floors are incredibly stain resistant and will provide a stunning finish for years & years.
- Very Durable – Most people choose a real wood floor due to its incredible durability , providing the finish is looked after, we can expect a real wood flooring to last for decades.
- Hardwood Refinished – Unlike another type of flooring, real wood can be refinished to a different colour, the cost of this service is considerably lower than replacing the flooring, If you change the decor of your home, the flooring can be refinished to match your desired look! This makes it an incredibly cost effective flooring for a home you plan to keep for a long period of time.
- Increases Home Value – If you plan on selling your home in the future, a real wood floor adds much more value than that of carpet. Due to a used carpet potentially provoking allergy symptoms to new buyers, people are willing to pay more for a home with a solid wood floor.
Why Choose Laminate Flooring?
Our Laminate flooring range consists of a wood and stone looks. The Artisan laminate range uses incredibly detailed print decors with a heavy duty textured resin surface to recreate the look of a natural material.
Artisan’s full range offers impressive authenticity while providing a highly practical floor. Our easy click system makes the installation process hassle free and allows for a fast transformation for any room.
There are a number of benefits to having a laminate flooring in your home:
- Cost Effective – Laminate flooring is much less expensive than real wood, however doesn’t fall short on the quality & overall finish. If you have a budget for your project, laminate is an amazing choice, without compromising on quality.
- Strong & Durable – Laminate has a tough external layer which makes the floor incredibly strong, scratch resistant & durable. So if you have pets, children or a high volume of traffic through your home, laminate is a brilliant choice.
- Easy To Clean – Unlike hardwood, laminate has a resin top coating which provides a completely stain resistant finish to the floor, as long as the spill is cleaned up quickly, there will be no damage what so ever.
- Versatility – Unlike many flooring options, laminate can be fitted to almost any sub floor. If the flooring is not suitable for hardwood, laminate can be the solution to the problem.
- Warmth – All laminate is fitted with a high grade insulated underlay over the base floor. This avoids the need to any underfloor heating as all heat it preserved in the room.
Why Choose Tiled Flooring?
The Flooring in your home has to handle a lot of traffic, whether in the kitchen, hallway, entrance, conservatory or lounge.
90% of our tile range are made from a porcelain construction, which creates a super durable & strong flooring to your home.
- Resists Wear – Tiles are highly resistant to wear and can last the lifetime of a home due to its incredibly strong construction. Porcelain tiles are made from a dense material which is much thicker & harder than most other flooring options. Tiles are designed to hold up really well over a long period of time and are a popular choice for high traffic businesses & homes.
- Low Maintenance – Tiles are often used in areas such as Kitchens, hallways, garages, mudrooms & entrance ways and there is a very good reason for this! Tiles are completely waterproof and can be kept clean simply with a mop & bucket. There is no need to scrub, or slave over any spillage with tiles as any stain will simply wipe clean.
- Stunning – One of the biggest benefits to tiles is simply there appearance, they look amazing. Tiles provide a luxury feel & look to any home and many are very affordable.
- High Traffic, Pets & usage – Tiles are simply the perfect choice for any part of a home or business with a high amount of traffic. Tiles are resistant to wear, breakage, spillage & scratches from pets or children. Tiles are designed to hold up to the abuse of everyday life, they look amazing without the constant need for cleaning.